Please allow us to introduce ourselves.

Posted on Aug 3, 2010 in Uncategorized

Suddenly, the momentum changed.

Dunes and I had been high-flying for years on a wave of fat magazine budgets and need-it-yesterday clients. He takes photographs, you see, and I style them. We work, we travel, we have more life experiences in a week than most have in a few years. Yes. We are very lucky.

The crash certainly slowed us down. The crash as we know it was the demise of some of our favorite publications. People for whom we worked or dreamed of working some day. We said good bye to House & Garden, Metropolitan Home, Country Home, Domino, Cottage Living, Gourmet, Beautiful Homes. Our world shifted.

We lamented about it for a little while. We bought an uninhabitable house on an island, which we’ll introduce you to soon. We griped about the economy and fewer clients. We slept in for the first time in a long time. We swam in lakes and the ocean. We turned the music up and danced. We lit candles and ate outside and gave more time to dreaming both awake and asleep. We figured out that no matter what the world brings us that we are happiest when we are collaborating and creating. Why not create and collaborate not just in work, but in life?

19 Comments

1. amy @ maison decor
    August 3, 2010

So looking forward to your adventures!

2. Judy Lundberg
    August 3, 2010

Loved your story Stacy. Gives us all hope!

3. Marcy {pine creek cottage}
    August 3, 2010

I love your spirit as well as your style! Looking forward to hearing more about your new adventure. I adore what I’ve seen so far!

4. Sarah M Winchester
    August 3, 2010

Cannot wait for more. I love your post. So hopeful and loving.

5. Michelle from Holley & Gill
    August 3, 2010

Love the setting of the scene, looking forward to hearing more about this new chapter for you both.

6. Tweets that mention Please allow us to introduce ourselves. – Dunes and Duchess -- Topsy.com
    August 3, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by StacyStyle and Duchy, Duchy. Duchy said: We have our first blog post! Still working out a few kinks, but we'd love to hear from you. http://dunesandduchess.com/?p=205 […]

7. Lisa Teague
    August 3, 2010

lovely…I so believe in happily ever after…

8. Mally Skok
    August 3, 2010

Its a new world we live in, different, maybe even better in its own way. Everyone has been forced to either embrace it, or despair about it. I’m with the embracers! Looking forward to the blog Stacy!

9. ABC Dragoo
    August 3, 2010

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Let the fun begin.

I can’t be happier for you. I love your beautiful new home too. 😀
    xoABCD

10. Leslie Fine
    August 3, 2010

How exciting! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more! You are an inspiration.

11. cynthia at the daily basics
    August 3, 2010

Welcome to my world of the magazine out of workers! Its actually pretty cool out here! Looking forward to all your new adventures. Keep me in the loop!

Cindy

• stacykunstel
      August 4, 2010

Not necessarily out of work. I’m still shooting up a storm for New England Home and the Meredith and Hearst bunch, but I think the industry has changed in a few fundamental ways that don’t make it nearly as fun or creative as it used to be. This is giving me a great creative outlet.

12. Paige at Mudroom Boston
    August 4, 2010

Stacy, I’ve had such fun following you on twitter…I can’t wait to see what’s ahead!

13. John DaSilva
    August 4, 2010

Congratulations on the Chappy house! We have a small house on MV and it is a joy to be there. I can see why you fell in love with the quirky Greek Revival. It looks sweet.

14. Julieann/CreateGirl
    August 5, 2010

Perfectly said! “Collaborating and Creating” two of the most beautiful words! The product photography is like a daydream, I can see myself in each one of those settings.

I am excited for this new adventure of yours and can’t wait to see what you dream up next! Best wishes!

15. Art Meripol
    August 10, 2010

this post makes me happy

16. katie runnels
    August 13, 2010

So very happy to hear of this happiness and incredible new venture! thanks for sharing the joy! xoxo